Since 1992, MACADA is an organization dedicated to supporting the development and professional growth of academic advisors in Missouri.
Quality academic advising promotes college student success. MACADA promotes excellence in academic advising and supports the development of professional competencies linked to students' academic achievement, retention, and persistence to graduation. We provide opportunities for professional development, developing connections, and leadership for a diverse body of higher education professionals throughout the state of Missouri. MACADA promotes the overall awareness of academic advising as a profession and supports the NACADA Core Values.
MACADA Strategic Goals
- Expand and communicate the scholarship of academic advising.
- Provide quality professional development opportunities that are responsive to the needs of advisors and advising administrators.
- Promote the role of effective academic advising in student success to campus administrators.
- Foster inclusive practices.
- Develop and sustain effective Association leadership.
- Recognize outstanding advising professionals and graduate students through an award system.
- Establish a communication network for academic advisors at institutions of higher education in Missouri.
- Maintain active affiliation with National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) both regionally and nationally.
- Offer an annual conference for Missouri advisors, counselors, and higher education professionals.
- Support higher education policies at the state and federal levels that promote equitable educational outcomes for all student.